You ensure our day-to-day operations runs smoothly as our country manager Germany. You'll be directly supervising, managing, and coaching all hub managers in Germany and are indirectly responsible for a workforce of 50+ (parttime) employees. You will also be tasked with launching new cities in Germany (with help from our Launch Manager). You will be part of our operations team and report directly to the Head of Operations.
Check is a fast-growing shared mobility platform, providing the easiest way around town. We believe urban mobility can be more efficient and we want everyone in every city to be able to reach their destination within 15 minutes. We do this by introducing new and smart forms of mobility. Our shared e-mopeds are available in cities throughout The Netherlands and Germany.
With our solutions we help to reduce the carbon footprint and work towards a cleaner world.
In February 2020, we launched our first 160 e-mopeds in Rotterdam and within 6 months we 10x-ed that, opening in Amsterdam, The Hague and Breda. Not long thereafter we turned profitable as a company at group level and became an international company by opening our first German city: Düsseldorf. In the meantime, Check added Groningen and Leeuwarden to its service and more locations are lining-up, having our next 10x in the crosshairs.
• You supervise, manage and coach our hub managers, taking away hurdles or distractions and helping them to fully focus on the fleet uptime and quality of their cities.
• You create work schedules and make sure local teams are well trained and follow our procedures.
• When public affairs requires operational input you join in on a meeting with the municipality.
• You improve operational efficiency by deploying (lean) process improvement strategies to our hub processes, employee engagement system and local operations.
• You supervise and manage new city launches including finding a location, setting up a hub and hiring the initial local team.
You are successful in your job when our hub managers in Germany are fully in control of the day-to-day running business, ensuring high uptime and quality of our fleet 24/7 - 365 days a year. You have turned our hubs into standardised, automated self-managing machines and have built a culture where our workforce productivity and engagement grows and employee churn drops. Strategies and projects from HQ are seamlessly implemented at a local level and best practices automatically flow-over from city to city while being integrated in our operational formula.
Joining a (well funded) startup is awesome. It takes a certain type of person to enjoy this but we truly believe the rewards are high. You work with the best and most fun people and on a product that brings smiles to faces, hopefully to yours as well. On top of that we offer some perks.
• Fulltime 40h function;
• steep learning curve and great advancement opportunities;
• Flexible working hours (want to go to the gym at 10AM or leave early at 3PM because of the good weather? No problem);
• Flexible vacation days (27+ option to buy more/sell days you don't use);
• Free lunch & snacks;
• Friday-afternoon drinks;
• Quarterly team outings;
At Check we value mindset over skillset and personality over tenure. Our team is highly motivated and loves to learn. On top of that we are looking for:
• MSc degree (preference for beta);
• a smart, ambitious and organised person
• 3-6 year work experience preferably in operations or BD;
• demonstrated succes in managing a team;
• a native German speaker;
• structured and organised modus operandi with the ability to hustle when shit hits the fan;
• tech-savvy and analytical (experience with data analysis (SQL, R or similar) is a pre but not a must);
#Be an owner: we treat everything we do or use as if it is our own. Everyone gets and takes full ownership for his or her responsibilities.
#Always raise the bar: always try to exceed expectations. Not only in your own work, but also in inspiring others.
#Be focussed: work on what moves the needle and don't stop until that is fully integrated into our business. Prioritise & plan. Do less, but execute what you do to perfection.
#Enjoy the ride: work should feel like a paid hobby.
Step1: Our Recruiter Michael will give you a call to check if you have any questions and see if there is a fit with the role.
Step2: We would like to meet you for a first interview in our HQ in Amsterdam.
Step3: We'll prepare a case for you to show us what you got.
Step4: We will make you an offer.
Step5: Contract, check! Join our ride.
Would you like to get more information about this role? Call or Whatsapp our recruiter Michael +31(0)6 41 322 840.